How did a weekend getaway get so complicated? There was a time when you could be spontaneous. Not anymore! Before, all you had to do was book a hotel, and off you went. Then came a spouse, a home, children – human or furry! – and things became more involved.
Who’s going to feed and exercise the pets or take them to the vet in case of emergency? Who’ll water the plants or pick-up the mail? And what about the kids? Whether they’re going with you or not, you’ll be considering their needs, too.
All you want to do is get away, even if it’s for the weekend. But you’re pooped just thinking about everything you need to take care of. Is it worth it? YES! We all need downtime. Allowing mind and body to regain spent energy makes us more productive and creative; and better life partners, parents, friends and all ’round human beings. But how do you organize it all?
Your Weekend Getaway is Easy with Our Comprehensive Services
To help you relax and tuck your cares away, we’ve gathered together the following tips that will make your weekend trip a bit more enjoyable.
- Make arrangements for your furry family. To make sure your cat or dog is well cared for during your vacation, contact a pet sitter or reliable kennel in plenty of time before you go away. This will allow for a visit to the premises or a meeting with the individual who will be your pet’s guardian during your trip. Worried you’ll miss your pets? Many sitters will text photos or videos to you, and many overnight accommodations have webcams so you can see your pet playing happily. For a home stay, make sure your pet’s favorite foods and snacks are stocked.
- If your children are not going with you, leave them in great care that’s reliable and loving. Ask family or friends if they would care for your angels at your home or theirs during your weekend retreat. You may want to stock up on your kid’s favorite foods and snacks, as well as anything that will keep them occupied. You want your family and friends to be able to say, “It was no trouble at all!” or better yet, “Ask us any time!”
- Have a friend, neighbor or family member check on the house. Arrange with a friend, family or a service to maintain your home while you are gone, whether it’s to water the house plants or pick up your mail, newspapers or packages. While they are there, they can also take out or bring in the trash bins from the street, open the curtains during the day and close them at night, and check for any emergencies that may occur, like leaky pipes, HVAC issues, etc. If you have some lights on timers, great! But, if not, ask your trusted person to turn a few lights on in the evening and off in the morning.
- Keep your regularly scheduled appointments. No need to tell the pool or landscaping company that you are going away for a few days. It’s business as usual.
- Avoid using social media to broadcast that you are away. Post pictures after you return from your weekend away. You want your respite to be about unwinding and unplugging. Your friends and family can hear about and see the highlights when you get home. And, importantly, you don’t want to tip would-be burglars to the fact that you’re away.
- Let a neighbor in on your secret. Tell a trusted neighbor that you’re going away, when you are leaving and when you will return, just in case anything suspicious occurs.
Ask for Help!
If you’re too busy, too overwhelmed or just too tired to take these steps, call California Concierge. We’ll do it all for you so you can focus on something much more fun—your trip!
California Concierge has been the Businesswoman’s Wife® since 1999. We take care of things from grocery shopping to organizing your cupboards and closets to picking up your dry cleaning, as well as house maintenance, pet care, car care, travel arrangements, and so much more. We want you to be able to go out of town and leave your worries behind. We’re on top of it at California Concierge.
Be a smart traveler. Contact California Concierge today!
BONUS TIP: Need inspiration for where to go? Check out this list of 12 Best Getaways from Los Angeles.
We’re all about taking care of “the home front” so you can enjoy the life you’re working hard for. So, take a load off your shoulders and put it on ours–join California Concierge today! Contact us at (818) 883-8550 or info@CalConcierge.com.
You’ll find more good things for your Life-Outside-The-Office at CaliforniaConcierge.com. Subscribe to our blog today!
Copyright 2017 California Concierge LLC.